REGISTERED CLINICAL COUNSELLOR
As your counsellor, I understand how hard it can be to reach out for support and I am glad you took the first step. I strive to make the process of therapy feel supportive, safe and nonjudgemental to allow you to be your whole, unfiltered authentic self.
Most of my clients come to me feeling stuck or lost in some way and want to learn new ways of coping with life's challenges. In our work together we unpack the patterns that keep you stuck and build helpful coping skills to make you feel more in control of your emotions and life.
My style of counselling is compassionate, collaborative and directive as I believe that growth and positive change comes from self reflection and courage to take steps out of your comfort zone. My approach integrates interpersonal neurobiology and somatic mindfulness practices as I believe that understanding your nervous system and the connections between your brain and body is vital in making lasting change. I am a big believer in the healing power of humour and it is not uncommon for us to share a laugh in a counselling session. I believe that all emotions are important and hold a safe therapeutic space for you to experience the wide range of your emotions. I aim to create a safe space for you to show up as your whole self. Together we will practice and develop effective tools to help you grow into the person you want to be.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association for Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) and have a Bachelors degree in Psychology and a Masters degree in Counselling Psychology. In addition to private practice, I have worked with Vancouver Coastal Health in mental health and addictions for many years where I provided counselling, educational workshops, and support to young people and their parents. I have facilitated family therapy and parenting workshops using techniques from Emotion Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) and have lead DBT groups for teens.
Areas of Focus
Anxiety & OCD
Teens and Young Adults
Life Transitions, Self Identity, Self Esteem & Resilience Building
Family Counselling & Parent Coaching
Somatic Trauma Therapy
Relationships & Communication
*Chelsea is LGBTQ+ Allied
- The Flash Technique, a gentle evidence-based approach for processing trauma memories
- 60 hour Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapy Certificate
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy & Exposure and Response Prevention for OCD in Children and Adolescents
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy (EFFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for Healing Trauma in Couples
-Trauma Informed Stabilization Treatment (TIST), The Canadian Mental Health Summit
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Training)
- Non-Violent Communication
- Addictions Medicine Diploma
- Prism: Advanced Counselling Skills with LGBTQ+ Folks
- Prism: Trans Inclusion Workshop
- Gottman Method for Couple’s Therapy: Level I Certification
In her spare time Chelsea can be found adventuring in the North Shore Mountains, practicing yoga (with cat Nala), or hanging out at a cozy cafe with friends & a good cup of coffee.